Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pastel

"Pastel" is a typical Brazilian snack prepared using dough that takes the form of a box or envelope, filled and then fried. It is delicious and I sure miss it! :( The closest thing to the "pastel" dough you can find here is the egg roll wrappers and thats what I use. Everyone in our home loves to eat "pastel" when we are in Brazil so I finally purchased a deep fryer and went to town yesterday! :) I made Jared a yummy mexican filling one, kids got ham and cheese and I of course made me an amazing nutella and strawberry pastel. Oh, sooo good! :)

2 comments:

Bianca and Anthony said...

Nossa senhora!! Agora tu me matou aki de vontade!! Tu sabe se da pra usar essa massa de egg roll pra fazer pastel assado?

sotelo4@blogspot.com said...

Haha ... :) Comi ontem ate passar mal, oh delicia! Eu nunca assei com essa massa entao nao posso te dizer, sorry! Beijos