Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jackson Is Potty Training!!!

Yeap, we are trying to get Jackson to be potty trained. Oh, boy!!! We have done it once do we really have to do it again??? haha ... He has had interested here and there so I decided to get some extra help and get him hopefully potty trained soon! I did a lot of research and was ready for the whole thing. I first found this movie that has awesome reviews on potty training kids. I then got a bunch of little prizes in a bucket that are his potty training prizes. So I had that prize bucket and a special book all together by the toilet. We got him Cars pull ups ... we were ready. I watched the movie with him on thrusday and after the movie made him all excited to run to the toilet and be a big kid. I showed him the special book he could read while trying to go potty, told him he could pick out a special prize out of the bucket if he did go potty, showed him the big kid underwear ... He was sooo excited! After reading the book, talking about potty training ... he actually DID IT!!! :) He was sooo excited and kept saying "big kid", haha ... so cute! I kept asking every 30 minutes or so if he needed to go, took him to the toilet here and there ... He actually can pee now in the toilet when seats down for a while. Yeah, hes having little accidents here and there but also is excited to got to the toilet and try so thats why Im not giving up. Lots of work but so worth it when you see his exciment on getting it down! Youre doing a great job, Jackson! Keep it up!!!




2 comments:

romanrobertaloftus said...

I need to get Alyssa potty trainned too... I'm not looking foward to it, but it has to be done!! He's so cute... It really isn't that bad... I guess for a couple of weeks it's kind of hard, but they learn so fast! Good luck!!

Cecilia said...

You're right, it's a lot of work, but it's so worth it isn't it??? Seems like he's on the right path with all the books and such....good job for both of you ;)