Monday, July 20, 2009

Jackson's first visit to an Instant Care! :(

I was organizing my closet today when I heard this sweet voice asking for "mommy" and as I looked down I saw Jackson showing his hand to me covered in "red". I say coverd in "red" because of the fact of him being very calm and not crying I thought maybe he got a hold of some red food and made some mess out of it or maybe got a hold of a red marker ... but as I looked closer I saw that actually was really blood. I asked him to show me what made him bleed and he took me to his room. As I walked in, I saw this picture frame of Bella that hangs up on the wall by Bellas bed, all with broken pieces of glass and blood spots here and there. I took him to the bathroom to wash his hands when I saw a lot of little cuts here and there and a bigger one on his thumb that woulnd stoop bleeding. Without anyone there to help me think what to do and worrying about glass inside of the cuts I thought I would just take him to an Instant Care. I looked at him and said we needed to see a doctor and he would make it all ok. Sweet Jackson replied to me saying, Ok, mom! Hes sooo brave! :) As we arrived at the Instant Care, the nurse asked me what happened and I started crying ... Can you believe that? My kid wasnt but I was!!! We were there for about 2 hours total! They got x-rays done to make sure no pieces of glass were inside of the cuts, gave him a tetanos vaccine and glued his thumb other than giving stiches just because of the healing being faster and not getting infected. He was sooo good! I was very scared for my litte boy and felt so bad! Im sooo proud of you, Jackson and how good you did through the whole process! I love you, Jackson!


Here is a picture of Jackson showing off his cool dinosaurs! :)

2 comments:

Ty Bebe said...

I'm glad to hear Jackson is okay! He is definitely a Sotelo boy! The other day Tyson was jumping on the bed and fell off hitting the back of his head on the dresser...so scary!! When are you coming to visit? We need to get the boys together for a playdate at the beach!

romanrobertaloftus said...

what a brave little boy!! I'm glad he was there with you to keep it together!! I know... We always wish that it had happened to us instead of them...